[Discuss] Ubuntu LIcense

gib at juno.com gib at juno.com
Tue Aug 14 16:45:42 EDT 2018

I understand that when you install Ubuntu you are also installing many other programs. I can research the license on each one as I need them.  What I'm trying to understand is the core software license.When I boot the system after the install it runs software like grub to start a kernel.There may be many drivers and support programs involved as the system becomes available.But is Ubuntu a specific software program that has it's won code? What is the license for that?