[Discuss] MDLUG Meeting: September 13th, 2014 This Saturday 11:30 AM - David Wo od of Red Hat talking about system tuning

gib at juno.com gib at juno.com
Wed Sep 10 15:15:14 EDT 2014

 Please consider coming too our next meeting:September 13th, 2014  This SaturdayMonthly MeetingsSecond SaturdaysMDLUG meets monthly at 11:30p to around 1:30p on the Second Saturday.
  Each meeting usually begins with MDLUG business. A presentation may follow. Often general discussions are the order of business. (Contact secretary at mdlug.org if you would like to volunteer to do a presentation.) After the meeting, some of us usually go to a local restaurant.Meeting PlaceUntil further notice the meetings will be at:Henry Ford Centennial Library
http://dearbornlibrary.org/about-us/locations/henry-ford-centennial-library/
16301 Michigan Ave.
Dearborn, MI 48126
This is on Michigan avenue. South side of the street. Just a short distance East of the Southfield freeway.
Map: http://goo.gl/0YRklc Updates!Back to the Fall ScheduleWith the summer winding down we will be returning to our normal schedule for the fall. The next meeting will be Saturday September 13th 2014 at 11:30am at the Dearborn Libary. ** Please note the earlier time!For the September meeting we will have David Wood of Red Hat to talk about system tuning.Next MeetingSeptember 13th, 2014The presentation will be David Wood of Red Hat talking about system tuning. The talk will be about how to tune a system for different workloads such as a VM or database server. It will go into the basics of CPU scheduler, disk elevator and other disk related options, network tuning, and memory adjustments such as swappiness and shared memory. There will also be data from real servers where tuning was used to help diagnose an issue.Check the MDLUG Mailing list or the IRC channel for more info.
The #1 Worst Carb Ever?
Click to Learn #1 Carb that Kills Your Blood Sugar (Don't Eat This!)
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5410a391beeab239130cdst01vuc